Thursday, April 12, 2012

Final Project

I am hoping to revisit my initial tracking post regarding the things that Whitman takes in as he compiles his inventory in Song of Myself. I believe that I also see a good number of the things that Whitman saw from his perch in New Jersey here in San Francisco. I will attempt to gather images of San Francisco that capture the essence of Whitman's poem. For me, this is my stab at being creative. I took a couple photography classes in junior college and this project will attempt to fuse my knowledge of San Francisco with what I am learning about Mr. Whitman.

Whitman sees "himself" while still "see[ing] and hear[ing] the whole." I'll attempt to do the same with my camera and match pictures to the imagery that Whitman provides'.

No comments:

Post a Comment